"My favorite memory as a competitor so far was going all out at an important international FIS race for the first time last year, and having it pay off."
7 Things You Didn't Know About Nicola Rountree-williams
- 1. Three of Nicola's most notable athletic accomplishments are: (1) 16th at 2020 World Junior Championships (Narvik, Norway) in GS, 2nd in U18s, (2) Represented the USA at the 2020 Youth Olympic Games, and (3) Achieved top 100 world rank in both SL and GS in 2020
- 2. Nicola's favorite music? She loves anything rock (punk, alt, hard, metal)!
- 3. Her favorite athletes: "I love Mikaela Shiffrin, Lindsey Vonn, and other non-ski related athletes like Wilma Rudolph and Alex Morgan who have all broken records and (in my opinion) remain super-underrated in the sports world."
- 4. When she's not skiing, she's reading...and she loves skinning, snowshoeing, and hiking.
- 5. Three things Nicola wants the world to know: (1) I really enjoy drawing maps, (2) I love writing and any kind of reading, and (3) I'm learning to unicycle.
- 6. She has donated to IProtect Our Winters and remains passionate about climate issues: "Rising temperatures threaten not only my own sport but the lives of millions of humans and animals, and one day I hope to advocate on a greater level for this cause."
- 7. Future career ambitions? She says, "I've been fascinated with space for a long time, so maybe an astronomer or some other space-related field."