"I'm really excited about the time of day result and hope that I can continue to build through the season."
5 Things You Didn't Know About Erik Bjornsen
- 1. Erik is a five-time U.S. Champion, winning titles in 2013, 2014, 2016, and 2018.
- 2. He and his sprint teams have placed sixth in two different Olympic events.
- 3. In Lillehammer in 2015, Bjornsen displayed his strong classic skiing abilities as he posted the fastest second relay leg of the day.
- 4. His sprint team finished fifth at the World Championships in 2017.
- 5. Whenever Erik isn't skiing and training, he is spending his time fishing and exploring Alaska.
• 6th, Team Sprint FS, Pyeongchang, KOR, 2018 • 6th, Team Sprint CL, Sochi, RUS, 2014 • 25th, Sprint CL, Pyeongchang, KOR, 2018
• 8th, Team Sprint FS, Dresden, GER8 2018 • 8th, 4x7.5k relay, Nove Mesto, CZE, 2016 • 9th, 15k mass start FS, Seefeld, AUT, 2017
• NCAA All-American, 2011 • 2nd in NCAA Championship 20k classic, 2011 • Three Junior World Championships teams • Three Junior National Championship titles