U.S. HomeLight Foundation Series
U.S. HomeLight Foundation Series
The Freestyle Selections and NorAm Tour is the second-highest level of competition in the United States and is designed to prepare athletes to compete on the World Cup circuit. Stops include venues in the United States as well as Canada. Winners of the NorAm Tour may earn a spot on the U.S. Ski Team for both moguls and aerials, as well as personal World Cup starts for the following season.
For a full schedule and the most up to date information, please check the FIS calendar
Regarding Event Invites for the 2021/2022 Season - Scroll down and click on the event
All US athletes must hold a US Ski & Snowboard Competitor membership and FIS License in order to participate/compete.
Membership Renewal- deadlines to register for these memberships is November 1st for US Ski & Snowboard, and December 15th for FIS. After these dates, a late fee will be incurred. Click Here to update or register for BOTH memberships online.
- Background screening for all athletes turning 18 & over during the membership season. Sign up for background screening will be emailed within 24 hours of membership renewal. Please keep in mind that background screenings may be delayed as a result of court closures due to the pandemic. Please anticipate 4-6 weeks for turnaround; international screenings will take longer.
- SafeSport training for all athletes turning 18 & over during the membership season. For details on SafeSport training, please Click Here.
- Introduction to Avalanche Course for all athletes turning 18 & over during the membership season. Link to course will be emailed within 24 hours of membership renewal. FIS Licenses will be activated upon successful completion of all membership requirements.
**An athlete on pending status is ineligible to participate/ compete in U.S. Ski & Snowboard sanctioned events.**
Athletes must be 13 years old by December 31, 2021.
For questions, please contact U.S. Ski & Snowboard Member Services at email@example.com or 435.647.2666.
Criteria for Selection Events
Selection Events are used to qualify skiers to earn starts in the U.S. World Cups and starts in NorAm competitions. Athletes invited in moguls or dual moguls will be granted starts in both moguls and dual moguls. This is a FIS event and will follow the FIS age requirements. Development Group athletes must start in all event days. Must have a FIS license to compete.
1. U.S. Freestyle Ski Team athletes
2. All athletes who competed in the prior season’s U.S. Freestyle National Championships.
3. All athletes who are ranked in the top 45 in moguls and dual moguls on the final FFSP of the previous season that are not qualified via criteria 1 and 2.
4. The top finishing age group eligible athletes from the previous season’s Junior Nationals that are not qualified via criteria 1, 2 and 3. No alternates will be taken from Junior Nationals.
5. If by virtue of criteria 1, 2, 3 and 4, a division does not have an athlete competing in a discipline in each gender, then that division will be granted a spot in that discipline and that gender to use as it wishes. If the spot remains unused it will then be lost.
6. There will be five alternates named per gender per discipline from the final FFSP list of the previous season and will represent the next five names on the FFSP list per gender and per discipline that have not already qualified for the event. Alternates will be placed into the events in the order they are named and will be notified immediately. The alternates will only compete if any of the skiers qualified via criteria 2 and 3 do not accept their spots or get injured.
7. International quotas as outlined by U.S. Ski & Snowboard and FIS Freestyle.