Team Manager Moguls, Aerials, Snowboardcross, Skicross
The Team Manager works directly with the Sport Director, Coaches, and Sport Development Manager to assist in managing all aspects of the department. Priority and focus are directed toward supporting the elite team coaches and athletes in Moguls, Aerials, and Snowboardcross. This primarily includes travel, budget, and logistic support for those teams in their annual travel.
- Assist coaches in the planning of National team projects including air, lodging, ground transportation, budgeting, and other team logistics as needed
- Provide all World Cup, World Championship entries within the relevant criteria systems, for all USA athletes, Team and Non-Team. Coordinate with Coaches to track and maintain entries against the approved selection criteria
- Communicate and coordinate with event organizers for FIS World Cup and World Championship events for all National and Non-Team USA athletes for lodging, airport transfers, radio frequency approval, and other team requirements
- Manage timely membership renewal of all National Team athletes
- Process all expense reports for the coaching staff, medical staff, technician, and athlete expenses.
- Track each team budget spending and management with bi-monthly reporting with Director.
- Follow up with athletes and event organizers to ensure payment of World Cup and World Championship prize monies for all USA athletes.
- Create and maintain master schedules of all Team activities and a database of all staff and athlete contact info for USSA, USADA and USOC purposes
- Manage team logistics, in coordination with Sport Development Manager, for Junior World Championships and other projects as assigned.
- Coordinate with High Performance on outside medical needs to ensure MD and physio coverage for team projects
- Support Marketing department’s appearance needs at key events and in-COE shoots with athlete talent, connecting athletes with partners and scheduling for partners.
- Support efforts of Communication Department, ensuring accuracy for all Pro and Rookie Team content
- Ensure photography needs are covered for communications department including Team headshots, tagging, and connecting athletes with the appropriate staff for these needs
- Assist Sport Development Manager with Project Gold and Young Gun camp logistics and provide support during scheduled projects
- Provide results and track/follow-up on annual Operation Gold payments from USOC
- Gather necessary tax and payment information for annual USOC grants
- Assist Athletics Manager with USADA and EAHI needs
- Payment scheduling for National Team athlete/parent deposits to athlete accounts prior to Team travel.
- Provide weekly Team whereabouts to Athletics Manager for Management updates
- Provide international travel form to the USOC for safety needs for each international trip
- Connect international mountain safety staff to National and Rookie Team coaches to create a database of snow safety information for teams
- On-site support at designated events annually for Mogul, Aerial, and Snowboardcross teams
- Manage orders, inventory, and distribution of official outerwear suppliers to National Teams, staff and other distribution needs
- Coordinate with athlete agents for various athlete, department and organizational items including appearance, educational opportunities, and other needs
- Team Leader coordination at Olympic Winter Games
- Assist with Department Planning and other duties as assigned.
- Understands and agrees to follow U.S. Ski & Snowboard's core values (Team, Accountability, Loyalty, Respect, Integrity and Perseverance)
- Requires initiative and creativity
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Budget tracking and management skills
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and website maintenance
- General knowledge of Freestyle and Snowboard sports
Position: Full-time, year-round
Reports to: Director - Snowboard, Freeski, Freestyle
Location: Park City, Utah
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by completing the U.S. Ski & Snowboard employment application (refer to the References Section on the right), attaching a cover letter and/or résumé and submitting via the online employment application.