Graphic Design Intern
U.S. Ski & Snowboard Creative
The U.S. Ski & Snowboard Graphic Design Intern is a critical component to the success of the Creative Contents strategies. The Graphic Design intern will work specifically under the guidance of the Director of Creative and Content on U.S. Ski & Snowboard creative projects.
Ability to uphold and abide by the U.S. Ski & Snowboard core values of Team, Loyalty, Respect, Accountability, Perseverance, Courage and Integrity shown through:
* Ability to multi-task and problem solve
* Clear, effective two-way communication
* Strong leadership
* Organizational skills with attention to detail
* Ability to see tasks through to completion
* Positive attitude and able to demonstrate initiative and creativity
* Team player
* Proficiency with Adobe Creative Software
* Effective at Meeting Deadlines
* Ability to Learn and Optimize Content Distribution Processes
* Develop an understanding of how the creative process works from day to day in an Olympic Governing Body
* Advance graphic design skills working on professional level projects
o Design graphics to meet specific commercial or promotional needs.
* Develop skills designing various web and print assets that work within U.S. Ski & Snowboard branding.
* Learn professional design techniques
o Assists in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials
o Designing assets that promote athletes and sport through social media, email campaigns, and blogs
o Develop techniques working within a brand style that translates effect visual communication within web and print applications
* Develop an understanding of deliverables from the creative team to departments inside U.S. Ski & Snowboard and their partners (Foundation, Marketing, Membership, Athletics, etc..)
* Currently enrolled as a student aiming to complete a bachelor’s degree and receive academic credit for your internship
* Successful completion of the U.S. Ski & Snowboard background screening
* Completion of the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Volunteer/Intern Confidentiality Agreement
* Completion of the SafeSport education training within one week of beginning the program
* All scholastic internship guidelines, evaluations and other paperwork must be completed by your direct supervisor
Reports directly to the Director of Creative and Content
The U.S. Ski & Snowboard Creative Internship is an unpaid internship for credit only. Final applicants can receive academic credit for their time with U.S. Ski & Snowboard. The number of academic credits will be determined by the individual’s University.
The U.S. Ski & Snowboard supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees in compliance with both state and federal laws. It does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any prohibited basis, including race, color, gender, pregnancy, age (40 or over), religion, national origin, ethnic background, genetic information (including of a family member), military service, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Onboarding and continued internships are at the will of U.S. Ski & Snowboard. U.S. Ski & Snowboard or intern may terminate the internship relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice.
The U.S. Ski & Snowboard Team is an equal opportunity employer
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by completing the U.S. Ski & Snowboard employment application (refer to the References Section on the right), attaching a cover letter and/or résumé and submitting via the online employment application.