Coach Development - Level 300
The Level 300 series of clinics covers advanced technique and tactics as they relate to the disciplines of slalom, giant slalom, and speed events. These clinics are designed to enhance the coaching skills of the candidate as well as to assess their individual coaching attributes. The clinics are designed for the professional ski coach with several years of experience, whether working with young athletes or FIS age or masters skiers. The Level 300 is comprised of on-snow and classroom for the skiing components, a Sport Science component and a coaching evaluation. These can all be done together at the spring National Coaches Academy, typically held in late April or early May.
On-snow components: In-depth study of technique and tactics in each discipline from the World Cup level down to juniors.
Sport science component: Covers kinesiology, physiology, motor control and motor learning, sport psychology and pedagogy related to alpine ski racing.
Coaching evaluation: Coaches must pass a movement analysis evaluation observing FIS level skiers, demonstrate skiing to at least a silver level in the SkillsQuest phase 3 and 4 exercises, and pass a comprehensive written exam.
Save The Date!
- May 15-21, 2022 - Mammoth, CA - evening session / welcome on the 15th on-snow 16-21. Plan to depart on the 22nd.
- $1,100.00 *price includes lift tickets - (meals and lodging separate)
- Alpine Level 300 Course Coach Candidate Application: APPLY TODAY
- "The Alpine Skiing Guide to Ski Fundamentals" is a requirement for this course since much of the material comes from this resource. Purchase the flipbook for $19.99 at the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Shop.
- "Coaching Better Every Season" by Wade Gilbert, in either the paperback or eBook version, for $26.95
Discounted Rooms at the Mammoth Mountain Inn are available: (all classroom content will be delivered in the Mammoth Mountain Inn)
Please only book a room if your application has been approved by the Sport Education Department.
Individuals may book online until the room block cutoff date, Monday, May 2, 2022 by accessing our online website via the link provided: https://groups.mammothmountain.com/mammothresort/rlp/ParticipantLodgingAlpineLevel300
Please call 800-MAMMOTH (1-800-626-6684) before Monday, May 2, 2022 for reservations by referencing the group name Participant Lodging - Alpine Level 300 Clinic or Booking ID: 32842. Reservations are subject to the deposit and cancellation policies quoted online or by the vacation specialist. Please note applicable taxes and fees are subject to change at the time of your stay.