Deer Valley NorAM Cup Presented by Homelight
NorAm Cup at Deer Valley, UT
January 18-21, 2022
This event will take place on the world-famous Champion Run.
The same course used for 18 World Cups, 3 World Championships and the 2002 Olympic Winter Games.
Registration Dates are: December 27th to January 14th
COVID-19 Registration Protocol
At this time, masks are required indoors with or without vaccination.
This event will be required to follow local and regional health guidelines.
All teams are encouraged to be vaccinated. Vaccinations prove to be effective against serious cases and spreading of COVID-19.
No participants should travel if they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
All official event meetings will be held online.
Teams are encouraged to limit interactions with others and public.
Registration Contact Information:
Registration Site: https://westernfreestyle.ecwid.com/ (Registration Dates are: December 27th to January 14th)
Entry and 4 Day Lifts = $728.00 (USD)
Entry and 3 Day Lifts = $611.00 (USD)
Entry for IKON Pass Holders = $260.00 (USD)
Entry for additional coaches (daily) = $117.00 (USD)
NOTE: PLEASE CHECK YOUR IKON PASS BEFORE PURCHASE and that YOUR PASS TERMS WORK AT DEER VALLEY
Athlete Accreditation for course and lift access is the combination of your event bib and lift pass. Registered Coaches, with competing athletes, will be provided complimentary Carpenter Chair lift access only.
1 Coaches Pass per 5 Entered Athletes.
Lost Lift passes will not be replaced; competitors and coaches will need to go to ticket window and purchase a day pass at full rate.
Waiver must be signed before arrival. There will be no access to signing a waiver on site.
More information coming soon!
Please note that this event and any sanctioned U.S. Ski and Snowboard event may be audited by Safesport.
DEER VALLEY PLAZA
1375 Deer Valley Drive
PC, UT 84060
Contactless Pick Up Further Info to Come CHECK IN All Teams, Athletes, and Coaches must check in at the DVR Plaza prior to going to Deer Valley. No registration, bib and/or lifts will be available at Deer Valley Resort.
NorAm Start Group Criteria
The following athletes will be prequalified for the current season’s NorAm Events, as the
“NorAm Start Group”.
- U.S. Team Athletes
- Top 5 U.S. Athletes from the previous season’s NorAm Cup standings
- Top 5 U.S. Athletes from the current season’s FIS Base Points List - not already qualified via criteria 1-2.
- Any athlete with a World Cup start in the previous season.
- While NorAm Start Group athletes should accept their spot by notifying the National Office, no additional athletes will be named if any athlete declines due to retirement or injury.
- NorAm Start Group Athletes must participate in all event days in the U.S. Moguls Selection Events.
- If a NorAm Start Group athlete is injured and unable to compete in the U.S. Moguls Selections Events, the athlete must provide all medical documentation stating that they are unable to compete. Once medically cleared to compete, they would retain their NorAm start.
Athletes who qualify for the NorAm Start Group must contact the U.S. Ski & Snowboard office by Nov. 1 of the current season to accept their spot. Please email Malorie Irvin at firstname.lastname@example.org. If spots are not accepted by the Dec. 1 deadline the spots will be passed to the In-Season Qualification Criteria.
In-Season Qualification Criteria
- Any remaining basic Nation quota spots after NorAm Start Group spots have been confirmed (up to a total of 25 spots per gender - see NAC rule 10.3) after criteria 1-4 are satisfied will be granted based on the best two single mogul events and best one dual moguls event from U.S. Mogul National Championships and U.S. Mogul Selection Events using place points. Foreign athletes will be excluded from the place point tally at both the U.S. Mogul National Championships and the U.S. Mogul Selection Event. If there are not at least two dual mogul events, the best three single mogul events may be used. Ties will be broken by the best finish, then the second-best finish, then the third-best finish. If a tie still exists, the best finish from the U.S. Mogul Selection Events will break the tie.
- Any remaining Host Nation or Unused (see NAC rule 10.3) quota spots for the NorAm Tour will be named using the MO FFSP List that is valid when those spots become available
This event will be Remotely Judged
Moguls - Q1(N)>F1(16)>F2(6)
Dual Moguls - From Beginning
Judging Method Traditional (5pts)
U.S. Ski & Snowboard works to provide a safe environment in which athletes can train and compete, free from abuse and inappropriate behavior. Please review U.S. Ski & Snowboard's Athlete Safety policies, the SafeSport Code, and the Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies. We all play a role in reducing misconduct and abuse in sport and sustaining a culture of safety.
If you are an athlete who has experienced inappropriate behavior or know of an athlete who has experienced inappropriate behavior, please report to the U.S. Center of SafeSport HERE or U.S. Ski & Snowboard HERE. All adult participants are mandatory reporters. Reporting violations may be made anonymously and there are no fees for reporting. We all are part of promoting a culture of safety through education, listening, and speaking up.
**An athlete on pending status is ineligible to participate/ compete in U.S. Ski & Snowboard sanctioned events.**
Athletes must be 14 years old by December 31, 2021.
For questions, please contact U.S. Ski & Snowboard Member Services at email@example.com or 435.647.2666.