"I didn’t expect really to win that combined because I hadn’t trained much super-G, but I’ve been training slalom all year... and then to come here and do this, get two wins after never winning a national title before, is pretty fun."
5 Things You Didn't Know About Luke Winters
- 1. In 2019, Luke grabbed his first national championship title, landing on the top of the podium in alpine combined at Sugarloaf, Maine. He then followed that up with his second national title, in slalom at Waterville Valley, N.H.!
- 2. In 2018, Luke and teammate River Radamus double podiumed at World Junior Championships in Davos, Switzerland.
- 3. Luke was born and raised in Oregon with a twin brother, two sisters, and two great parents.
- 4. After Luke graduates, he hopes to do something in construction, engineering, or real estate.
- 5. He just got his pilot's license through Pilot Makers in Provo, Utah. He's been working towards it for the last two summers!
Luke Winters | Adelboden, SUI - Men's Slalom (Run 1)
Luke Winters | Adelboden, SUI - Men's Slalom (Run 2)
Luke Winters Slalom Run 1 | Val D'Isere 2019
Luke Winters Slalom Run 2 | Val D'Isere 2019
Luke Winters Slalom run 1, Levi, Finland, 11-24-19
Luke's Favorite Gear!
Check out Luke's favorites from the U.S. Ski & Snowboard gear collection!